Series Vol. 24 , 07 November 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
With the rapid development of building level and construction technology, high-rise buildings have been adopted more and more, thus becoming an important place for people to work and live. Because of the high height of high-rise buildings, wind load becomes the main resultant force type of high-rise building. However, wind load has great randomness and unpredictability, which has great influence on the stability of high-rise building. This paper first analyses the main characteristics of wind load borne by tall buildings. Then, the common methods of wind-resistant design of high-rise building are summarized in detail. It also points out the existing problems and deficiencies in wind resistance design of high-rise buildings and the countermeasures and suggestions of wind resistance design of high-rise structures. Finally, according to the current research status and existing problems, the future development of wind resistance design is prospected. Results can provide some references for wind resistance design and research of high-rise buildings.
high-rise building, wind load, wind resistance design analysis, optimize wind resistance design
1. Thordal M, Bennetsen J, Capra S, and Koss H 2020 Towards a standard CFD setup for wind Load assessment of high-rise buildings: Part 1-Benchmark of the CAARC building J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerod. 205 p 04283
2. Wang J and Cao S 2021 Characteristics of tornado wind loads and examinations of tornado wind load provisions in ASCE 7-16 Eng. Struct. 241 p.112451
3. Liu, C, Pan R, Deng X, Xie H, Liu J, and Wang X Random 2022 Vibration and Structural Reliability of Composite Hyperbolic-parabolic Membrane Structures Under Wind Load Thin-Walled Struc. 180 p 109878
4. Jin H, Cheng L, Chen M and Fei J 2015 Wind Resistance Design and Construction of Light Steel Building Roof Envelope Steel Cons. 30 p 33
5. Wu Y, Wu X, Wei S, Sun Q, and Wang J 2021 Experimental Study of Wind Pressure Fluctuating Characteristics and Wind Load Shape Factor of Long-span Cylinder Roof Structure Struct. Design Tall Special Buildings 30 (10)
6. Wang D and Bao L 2019 Development and Prospect of super high-rise building structure Building Struct. 49 p 11
7. South China University of Technology Wind Tunnel Laboratory [Shenzhen] DJI Sky City Tower project rigid model wind tunnel test 2017-06-12 https://www2.scut.edu.cn/wind/2017 /0612/c22601a332257/page.htm
8. Matsui M, and Tamura Y 2008 Development of a Hybrid Vibration Experiment System for Determining Wind-Induced Responses of Buildings with Tuned Dampers J Wind Eng. Ind. Aerod. 96 (10) pp 2033-41
9. Chen Y, Zhang Z, Chen H, and Zheng H. 2020 Robust UC Model Based on Multi-Band Uncertainty Set Considering the Temporal Correlation of Wind/load Prediction Errors IET Gene. Transm. Dis. 14(2) pp 180-90
10. Jaimes M, García-Soto, A, Martín del Campo J and Pozos-Estrada A 2020 Probabilistic Risk Assessment on Wind Turbine Towers Subjected to Cyclone-induced Wind Loads Wind Energy 23(3) pp 528-46
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.