Series Vol. 24 , 07 November 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
With the development of modern engineering technology, more attention is paid to the aid of digitization and information in the process of engineering project design and construction. Building Information Model (BIM) realizes the transformation from traditional building project to modern building project. At the same time, it also greatly promotes the digital development of construction projects. BIM technology as a modern information technology in the application of construction engineering, has a variety of benefits. For example, it can improve the quality of projects. In addition, the application of BIM technology in the whole process of construction projects can reduce costs and improve efficiency. However, there are many risks associated with using BIM in construction projects. This paper analyzes the advantages of BIM technology in visualization and coordination, and the application of BIM in design, construction, management and other aspects. Then, the risks and countermeasures in BIM application are discussed. The research results are of great significance to improve the informatization level of construction projects.
BIM technology, construction project, engineering design, optimization method
1. Maglad A, Houda M and Alrowais R 2023 Bim-based energy analysis and optimization using insight 360 (case study) Case Studies in Cconst. Materials 18 e01755
2. Yousif Y, Sarhat M and Farsat H 2023 Investigating BIM level in Iraqi construction industry Ain Shams Eng. J. 14 101881
3. Boje C, Guerriero A, Kubicki S and Rezgui Y 2020 Towards a semantic Construction Digital Twin: Directions for future research Autom. Constr. 114 103179
4. Ozturk G 2021Digital twin research in the AECO-FM industry J. Build. Eng. 40 102730
5. LuVivi Q, Kumar P, WoodallPhilip R and HeatonJames D 2019 Developing a dynamic digital twin at a building level: using cambridge campus as case study Int. Conf. on Smart Infrastructure and Construction (ICSIC) pp 67-75
6. Castanedo F 2013 A review of data fusion techniques Sci. World J. 2013 704504
7. Chen Y 2023 Research on application of BIM technology in computer aided building design Concrete World 164 pp 35-38
8. Wang B and Xiao X 2023 Research on the application of BIM technology in construction projects, Sci.Tech. Innova. 05 164-169
9. Liu H 2023 Discussion on the application of BIM in construction engineering Tech. Discuss. pp 53-55
10. Lu C 2023 Application and promotion strategy of BIM technology in architectural design Architectural Design pp 56-58
11. Chen Y 2022 Design and optimization of construction equipment pipelines in cigarette factories based on BIM technology Ain Shams Eng. J. 102054.
12. Jiang F, Ma L, Broyd T, Chen K, Luo H and Du M Building demolition estimation in urban road widening projects using as-is BIM models Automation in Construction 144 (2022) 104601
13. Chen G, Yan Z, Chen J and Li Q 2022 Building information modeling (BIM) outsourcing decisions of contractors in the construction industry: Constructing and validating a conceptual model Developments in the Built Environment 12 100090
14. Chen J and Cui P 2023 Application of BIM technology in construction management of building projects Vocational Education and Technology Applications 245(04) pp 151-153
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.