Series Vol. 24 , 07 November 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
The seismic vulnerability analysis is of great important for the design, operation and maintain. The selected extra-large highway and railway dual-used arch bridge contains high geometric nonlinearity and is one of the transportation junctions. Therefore, it is necessary to conduct seismic response analysis. The research results can provide reference for the seismic design and seismic response analysis of target bridge and similar typed bridges. Thus, it has high theoretical value for the design and promotion of similar bridges. This paper starts with a theoretical analysis, using the finite element software LS-DYNA to build a dynamic calculation model of the real bridge and carry out modal and time response analyses. The strength, vulnerable components and stability of the bridge under three-way seismic action at for different earthquake excitation waves (Wenchuan earthquake, Chichi earthquake, Kobe earthquake and El-Centro earthquake) are investigated. Through analysis and comparison of numerical calculations, the seismic performance of the target bridge was comprehensively evaluated.
seismic vulnerability analysis, dual-used arch bridge, Wenchuan earthquake, LS-DYNA
1. Xing C, Wang H, Xu Z and Liang R 2022 Stochastic Analysis of a Large-Span Continuous Girder High-Speed Railway Bridge under Fully Non-Stationary Earthquake Appl. Sci. 12(24) p 12684
2. Guo W, Hu Y, Liu H and Bu D 2019 Seismic Performance Evaluation of Typical Piers of China’s High-Speed Railway Bridge Line Using Pushover Analysis Math. Prob. Eng. p 9514769
3. Vamvatsikos D and Cornell A 2002 Incremental dynamic analysis Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn. 31 pp 491-514
4. Liu X, Jiang L, Xiang P, Feng Y, Lai Z and Zhou W 2022 Running Safety of High-Speed Railway Train on Bridge During Earthquake Considering Uncertainty Parameters of Bridge Int. J. Struct. Stab. Dy. 22 p 10
5. Faroz A, Pujari N, Ghosh K, Ghosh J and Shekhar S 2016 Time-varying seismic fragility assessment of a corroding RC bridge pier considering non-uniform corrosion World Conf. Earthq. 16 p 1670
6. Kita A, Cavalagli N, Masciotta G, Lourenço B and Ubertini F 2020 Rapid post-earthquake damage localization and quantification in masonry structures through multidimensional non-linear seismic IDA Eng. Struct. 219 p 110841
7. Kita A, Cavalagli N, Venanzi I and Ubertini F 2021 A new method for earthquake-induced damage identification in historic masonry towers combining OMA and IDA B. Earthq. Eng. 19 pp 5307-37
8. Guo A, Shen Y, Bai J and Li H 2017 Application of the endurance time method to the seismic analysis and evaluation of highway bridges considering pounding effects Eng. Struct. 131 pp 220-230
9. Estekanchi H, Riahi T and Vafai A 2011 Application of endurance time method in seismic assessment of steel frames Eng. Struct. 33 pp 2535-46
10. Gao W 2008 Dynamic model test of Chongqing Chaotianmen Yangtze River Bridge (Master's thesis, Chongqing Jiaotong University)
11. Duan X, Li L and Xu W 2010 Design and technical characteristics of the main bridge of Chongqing Chaotianmen Yangtze River Bridge Bridge Construction 2 pp 37-40
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.