Series Vol. 7 , 21 July 2023
* Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
The impact of water sources on humans has many facets. Our daily consumption is only a small part of the water that is used to irrigate plants, raise fish and fowl, and so on. The environment we live in and the survival of the organisms around us all depend on the safety of the water source. Water sources need to adhere to strict standards for pathogens, oxygen, salt, heat, heavy metals, and more. Otherwise, unclean water sources can cause disease and even be fatal. Since covid-19 broke out in 2019, it has had many impacts on people's lives, and it is no different for water treatment. The original treatment of water sources needs to be protected and improved to ensure the safety of the water. This article will analyze and list the original water treatment process, the impact of covid-19, and some of the current solutions.
water treatment, plant, Covid-19, influence of Covid-19
1. Daily news. (2019) Global water resources: one-third of human beings “highly lack of water, https://daydaynews.cc/en/international/
2. Koshal, R.K (1976)Water pollution and human health. Water Air Soil Pollut 5, 289–297
3. Jayaswal, K. Sahu, V., Gurjar, B.R. (2018). Water Pollution, Human Health and Remediation. Springer, Singapore
4. Wu, Z. Water pollution loads and shifting within China's inter-province(2017), Journal of Cleaner Production, www.elsevier.com/locate/jvlepro
5. African Journal of Biotechnology (2010), pp. 423-427, 25 January, http://www.academicjournals.org/AJB
6. Manoiu, V.-M.; Kubiak-Wójcicka, K.; Craciun, A.-I.; Akman, Ç.; Akman, E. (2022) Water Quality and Water Pollution in Time of COVID-19: Positive and Negative Repercussions. (https://doi.org/10.3390/w14071124
7. Chu, W. Chen F. Xu, Z. (2021) Intensified Disinfection Amid COVID-19 Pandemic Poses Potential Risks to Water Quality and Safety https://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/acs.est.0c04394
8. S. Shanmuga P. Cuce E.& Sudhakar K. (2021) A perspective of COVID 19 impact on global economy, energy and environment, International Journal of Sustainable Engineering
9. Sumitra P.Literature Review on Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Teaching and Learning, Higher Education for the Future, Sumitra Pokhrel, Phuentsholing Higher Secondary School, Ministry of Education, Phuentsholing 450, Bhutan.
10. Chu W, Fang C, Deng Y, Xu Z.(2021) Intensified Disinfection Amid COVID-19 Pandemic Poses Potential Risks to Water Quality and Safety. Environ Sci Technol.
11. Fitts Charles (2012) Groundwater Science [2nd Edition], Academic Press, San Diego.
12. Aqua Tech (2021) Surface Water: Our Essential Guide To Surface Water and The Impact of Algae, https://www.aquatechtrade.com/news/surface-water/
13. Combest, T. Municipal Water Treatment Processes, https://www.cosatx.us/home/showpublisheddocument/1010/635380914489870000
14. Shrestha R. Spuhler Dorothee, Straining and Filtration, https://sswm.info/sswm-solutions-bop-markets/affordable-wash-services-and-products/affordable-water-supply
15. Giovanni F. Sabino G. Maurizio G. (2008) Definition of a practical multi-criteria procedure for selecting the best coagulant in a chemically assisted primary sedimentation process for the treatment of urban wastewater, pp 229-238
16. Mateusz M.H., Miodonski S., (2018) Chemically Assisted Primary Sedimentation as a tool to improve energy balance of a large wastewater treatment plant, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/326152050
17. Carmel Area Wastewater District, Primary Sedimentation Tanks, https://www.cawd.org/primary-sedimentation-tanks
18. Prakash N.B., Vimala S., Jayakaran P. (2014) International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (IJESIT), Wastewater Treatment by Coagulation and Flocculation, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Prakash-Nanjan-Bellie-2/publication/273638362
19. Jiang, J. (2015) The role of coagulation in water treatment, Current Opinion in Chemical Engineering, pp36-44
20. Unacademy, Flocculation and its usage, https://unacademy.com/content/jee/study-material/chemistry/flocculation/
21. Ahuja N. (2017) Liquid Stream Fundamentals: Sedimentation。https://www.wef.org/globalassets/assets-wef/direct-download-library/public/03---resources/wsec-2017-fs-022-liquid-stream-fundamentals--clarification-sedimentation_final.pdf
22. Petruzzello M. (2021) Filtration. https://www.britannica.com/science/filtration-chemistry
23. Judd S. (2021)What is sludge treatment? https://www.sludgeprocessing.com/sludge-basics/what-is-sludge-treatment/
24. Rakotonimaro, T.V, Neculita, C.M, Bussière, B. et al (2017) Recovery and reuse of sludge from active and passive treatment of mine drainage-impacted waters: a review https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-016-7733-7
25. Hai Faisal I, (2014) Removal of Pathogens by Membrane Bioreactors: A Review of the Mechanisms, Influencing Factors and Reduction in Chemical Disinfectant Dosing
27. J.Glinski (1985)Soil Aeration and Its Role For Plants,CRC Press, Boca Raton
28. Noura S. Al-Deffeeri, (2008)The release of CO2 in MSF distillers and its use for the recarbonation plant: a case study, pp579-591
29. Quilliam Richard S., (2020) COVID-19: The environmental implications of shedding SARS-CoV-2 in human feces, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160412020312873
30. Chatterjee S. (2020) Resources, Conservation & Recycling, https://pdf.sciencedirectassets.com/
31. S. Lahrich, F. Laghrib, A. Farahi, M. Bakasse, S. Saqrane, M.A. El Mhammedi, (2021) Review on the contamination of wastewater by COVID-19 virus: Impact and treatment, Science of The Total Environment, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.142325.
32. WHO. (2020) Water, sanitation, hygiene, and waste management for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, https://apps.who.int/iris/rest/bitstreams/1292822/retrieve
33. Chen C. Hayward K.; Khan S. Örmeci B. (2021) Role of wastewater treatment in covid-19 control. https://iwaponline.com/wqrj/article/56/2/68/79659/Role-of-wastewater-treatment-in-COVID-19-control
34. Leon G. Lens, Dai T., Alessandra N. S. (2021) Shedding UVC light on Covid-19 to protect dentistry staff and patients https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1612-202X/ac0bc5/meta
35. Christina M. M. Samantha H., Pearce R., Gerrity D. Eric C. Wert, (2022) Ozone disinfection of waterborne pathogens and their surrogates: A critical review, Water Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2022.118206.
36. Wang J., (2022) Research progress on distribution and removal characteristics of novel coronavirus in wastewater treatment plants, https://www.h2o-china.com/news/337052.html
The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study will be available from the authors upon reasonable request.